Friday, December 23, 2011

Joy to the world...

I haven't written in a couple of days because I've been really busy.  My husband and I are under contract for our first home together.  I'm really excited to finally have a place that I call home!!  However, the amount of paperwork that has to be done in the next two weeks is awful. Especially because it is Christmas time and a lot of people are not working for the next week or so.

Right now I'm struggling with all of the celebrations coming up. I have a plan in place to fight Christmas goodies and late night get togethers with old friends when I'm at my parents house. However, since we bought a house everyone in our families wants to take us out to dinner to celebrate. I don't know how to tell some people "no" if they know I've gone out with other people.   I've already suggested one big dinner with everyone together, but as I've previously posted,  I have a dysfunctional family. I have aunts that won't talk to each other, people on house arrest that can only leave during certain times, and a slew of other issues that surround why my family won't get together over the holidays. So, if anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them.

Back to a positive note I have worked out everyday this week. That is a first for me in a long time. My legs are so sore it makes it hard to stand up or sit down, but my fitness philosophy is "you can be sore tomorrow or sorry tomorrow, you make the choice."  I would much rather be sore and proud of the hard work that I put in at the gym the night before. I'd also take some advice on how to handle the soreness. I already do a ton of stretches and ice massages after the gym, but any other strategies people have I would love to hear!!

I hope that everyone has a wonderful holiday and a great new years eve!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Keke :@D. How are you? I'm Christina. I'm new to blogspot too, and the whole sharing your feelings over the world wide web. It feels weird. I'm also in the process of losing weight, because I'm done "trying". I'm just doing it. I'm sore as I write this lol. I hope everything is going good with your weight loss. Keep on going forward. You started this, now lets see a beautiful finish. God willing, I'm going to the gym tomorrow. Let me know how you're doing. By the way I've been doing A LOT of stretching.

    Peace and Love
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Keke ;@). How are you doing? I hope all is well in your life as well as with your weight loss.

    Be blessed,
    Christina

    ReplyDelete